Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Homeward Bound...Almost

Tonight was my last night in Germany and Emilee and I ate at Macaroni Grill again. It's not that I didn't want German food....But I've been here a month and have had a LOT of German food. On the other hand, Emilee doesn't often get Italian, so we went back for a second dose of Italian.

Then, for kicks, we decided we'd go see the movie, Bruno, ONLY because Sasha Baren Cohen plays an Austrian in this movie, AND because it has been so heavily advertised over here in Europe. I was curious what it would be like, and what the German response would be. Now, I must say that I never watched Borat....Had I seen that movie, I may not have agreed to see Bruno. Let's just say that my advice is DON'T GO SEE IT. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! I've heard reviews online, read reviews, but I'm sorry. I don't even think it was good satire. It was just a very trashy trashy attempt at humor at the expense of every race, religion, political and sexual affiliations. Raunchy doesn't even begin to describe it. As far as the German response to the movie? Who knows? There were more Americans in the audience than Germans. I will say that the scene that takes place on the Army base drew loud guffaws from some and dead silence from others, particularly at the "Fuher" comment!

Bags are packed....one under 50lbs. and one just at 50lbs. Let's hope they both make it on the plane tomorrow! Otherwise, I'll be sending Emilee back home with some things to ship!

It's been a GREAT month here with Emilee. I have enjoyed her very much, have enjoyed traveling with her......I just hope I didn't drive her too crazy. One thing's for certain, she'll be able to get back on her diet/exercise regimen when I leave. I feel like we've been eating our way through Europe!

Lee, I know you have been reading the blog religiously, and Luke said he's read some. Emilee reads it from time to time, as has Mom, and I don't know who else. I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it! So, auf wiedersehen for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment