Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas card









Christmas card
Originally uploaded by seaberry6
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

This was the view out of Emilee's living room window last night. I ran outside - no shoes, no jacket - to photograph it. A few quick shots and I was too frozen to take any more. But I did manage to capture the colors! Beautiful!

For Christmas, we had a very traditional dinner of turkey, ham, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce and wine. Emilee is a very good cook, as is Alan (green bean casserole). Emilee's and Alan's friend, Vero, came for dinner, bringing a spiral sliced ham - yummm-enough to feed an army! Following dinner, we retired to the living room where we watched a movie on the big projection screen. Tryptophan kicked in and some dozed. It was a wonderful Christmas night with my daughter, son-in-law, and friend.


CHRISTMAS EVE
Last night for Christmas Eve, Emilee asked me if I wanted to go to Midnight Mass. I didn't want to impose on her just for me to go, especially since I hadn't gone to Midnight Mass in quite awhile. But SHE wanted to go too, so I said yes! The weather was quite nasty, but according to the AF website, the roads were just "amber", meaning that they were driveable but to use great caution. (According to the Army website, they were "red" which meant they were not driveable.) Being that Alan is AF, we drove it.


We arrived early for Mass at the Ramstein North Chapel. That's why there aren't many people in this photo. The choir was singing Christmas carols and I felt very blessed to be there. I thanked God for making a wish come true.






No comments:

Post a Comment